Monday, June 8, 2009

Last stretch... The body is painted except one door which has to be corrected.
The interior of the trunk...

Part of the process is to sand the clear coat up to 2000 grid and then polish it.








The rear chassis was badly repaired some time ago and it is crooked. Now we have to use spacers and shims to align the bumper and back plate to the body (Not the chassis).





The bumper brackets are for a 4 door DS. I have to modify them to accommodate the 2cm longer body. The back plate has to come out 2cm as well.


I have removed the seats, carpets and insulation. I left the Dynamat insulation that I installed last year.


The seat belts were also removed except the center one.


Ken and I glued the new insulation from Ivanoff.


The carpets are done (Except behind the convertible top). The carpets are from Ivanoff also. Looking great!