Saturday, June 27, 2009

The air filter was rusted and looked really bad when we open the hood. So, I bead blasted it...
... and Kevin painted it.
Once the engine cleaned, it is going to be fairly consistent with the rest of the car.

The wheels are painted.
The original spare wheel.
New tire of the right dimension.
She is starting to look good.
Now working on the front...





I am putting the bumper together. You might be asking yourself why we did the front plate red. I found the red under the black paint when I worked on the front plate. I have also found the original French number. The car was registered in order to be exported. I don't know if Citroen or Henri Chapron has painted the plate red, but this is the was the car left France in 1967. We are going to reproduce the TTA number (Transite Temporaire) with the same font that I have traced before sand blasting the plate.




The lights are in place.

The passenger window was chipped on the top and scratched. Ken ordered a new glass and installed the new weather strips coming from Ivanoff in France.


The front is almost aligned; we just have to tight up the driver side and install the hood latches. This is the way the car is as of 6/26/09. The glass is supposed to be delivered on Saturday 6/27/09 and once installed, the car is going to be shipped to get the new custom convertible top made and installed.